Ellington is committed to corporate social responsibility. We recognize the importance of environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) factors, and believe that the implementation of ESG policies will benefit our employees, support long-term stockholder performance, and make a positive impact on the environment and society as a whole. Our Manager has a standing ESG Committee to address a variety of issues, including its impact on the environment, increasing the diversity of its workforce, employee engagement, and community involvement.
- Our office is conveniently located near mass transportation.
- We provide financial support and incentives to our employees who use public transit.
- To reduce energy usage, we use Energy Star® certified desktops, monitors and printers; and utilize motion sensor lighting and cooling to reduce energy usage in non-peak hours.
- To reduce waste and promote a cleaner environment, we use green cleaning supplies and kitchen products; recycle electronics, ink cartridges, and packaging; provide recycling containers to employees; and use water coolers to reduce waste.
- We invest in home mortgage loans, which support homeownership and stability within communities.
- Ellington and senior members of management sponsor numerous charitable causes. We also support employee charitable contributions with matching gift programs.
- Our employees have access to robust health and wellness programs. Ellington also supports various events that support health and wellness.
- We provide opportunities for personal growth with training and education support, including reimbursement for continuing education. We also provide mentorship programs, and internship opportunities.
- We are committed to enhancing gender, racial, and ethnic diversity throughout
- We are in compliance with applicable employment codes and guidelines, including ADA, Equal Opportunity Employment, Non-Discrimination, Anti-Harassment and Non-Retaliation codes.
- Our Manager has a Responsible Investment policy incorporating ESG factors into its investment processes for applicable strategies.
- We operate under a Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- EFC has a separate independent Chairman, and the majority of Board members are independent.
- We hold annual elections of Directors.
- We are committed to significant disclosure and transparency, including an established monthly book value disclosure and dividend policy.
- We foster regular employee engagement, and have an established Whistleblower policy.
- Robust process for stockholder engagement.
- Strong alignment through 7% co-investment