Ellington is committed to corporate social responsibility. We recognize the importance of environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) factors, and believe that the implementation of ESG policies will benefit our employees, support long-term stockholder performance, and make a positive impact on the environment and society as a whole. Our Manager has a standing ESG Committee to address a variety of issues, including its impact on the environment, increasing the diversity of its workforce, employee engagement, and community involvement.
- Our offices are conveniently located near mass transportation.
- We provide financial support and incentives to our employees who use public transit.
- To reduce energy usage, we use Energy Star® certified desktops, monitors and printers; and utilize motion sensor lighting and cooling to reduce energy usage in non-peak hours.
- To reduce waste and promote a cleaner environment, we use green cleaning supplies and kitchen products; recycle electronics, ink cartridges, and packaging; provide recycling containers to employees; and use water coolers to reduce waste.
- We have reduced the number of single use cups and plastic water bottles in our offices.
- We invest in home mortgage loans, which support homeownership and stability within communities.
- Ellington and senior members of management sponsor numerous charitable causes, including several devoted to diversity and children in need. We also support employee charitable contributions through matching gift programs, hosting food drives, and other community events.
- Our employees have access to robust health and wellness programs. Ellington also supports various events that support health and wellness.
- We provide opportunities for personal growth with training, including facilitating a lunch & learn series, and reimbursing professional continuing education. We also support professional development through mentorship programs and affinity groups, such as a women’s networking group.
- We are committed to enhancing gender, racial, and ethnic diversity throughout our organization, as stated in our Manager’s Diversity and Inclusion Policy. We have engaged a women-owned recruiting firm focused exclusively on women and minority recruiting on college campuses.
- We are in compliance with applicable employment codes and guidelines, including ADA, Equal Opportunity Employment, Non-Discrimination, AntiHarassment and Non-Retaliation codes.
- Our Manager has a Responsible Investment policy incorporating ESG factors into its investment processes for applicable strategies.
- We operate under a Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- EFC has a separate independent Chairman, and the majority of Board members are independent.
- We hold annual elections of Directors.
- We are committed to significant disclosure and transparency, including an established monthly book value disclosure and dividend policy.
- We have an established Whistleblower policy to encourage transparency and accountability.
- Robust process for stockholder engagement.
- Strong alignment through 6% coinvestment(1)